At CanPacific, we have been working hard on preparing the school for the reopening of our physical classrooms. We are planning to resume in-class instruction in the near future. Since public health and safety is our priority, we have developed special protocols. The special measures include:
- Mandatory face coverings
- Classroom occupancy limits
- Rearranged classroom seating
- Physical distancing measures
- Hand sanitizers provided in each classroom and common area
- Staggered start and break times so as to minimize congestion and traffic in common areas
- Monitoring of students and staff for COVID-19 symptoms
- Delivery of virtual lessons
Training and orientation sessions on the aforementioned measures are going to be provided for the staff and students prior to the physical reopening of CanPacific.
The reopening date has yet to be determined. Further updates will be posted on this page.
Please note that ourvirtual lessons are available. If you would like more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We’d like to wish everybody a safe and enjoyable Civic Holiday!
For current students
We’ve got some news!
- We are going to continue using Zoom as our online platform for delivering live classes in the near future. We will let you know if anything changes.
- The class schedules remain the same.
- You will continue to receive the meeting IDs and passwords for all virtual classroom lessons from your instructors.
- The tests are going tobe administered by the instructors via Zoom.
- We would also like to remind you that the regular attendance policy, graduation requirements, and evaluation procedures remain in effect.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to speak to your instructor or counselor. All contact details remain the same.
For future students:
We would like to inform you that CanPacific has switched to distance learning as a temporary measure in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Even though our classes are conducted online, the virtual classroom experience closely resembles that of a physical one. We continue to provide the programs based on the same curricula. Our staff members work hard to provide our current and future students with the support and the resources that they need.
Taking the current situation into account, the enrolment and registration procedures have been adjusted slightly. All communication is done online. The placement tests must be completed through our official website. The results will be sent to you by email. Once registered, your counselor will provide you with the orientation via the Internet. You will also receive your timetable by email. The instructor will provide you with further details on how to join the virtual classroom lessons. Class materials will be distributed through the online platform or by email.
If you would like more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us by phone at (416) 601-0100 or by email at email@example.com.
For our partners:
CanPacific continues to operate remotely. All of the contact details remain the same. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us as usual.
For our community:
In these challenging times, we would like to emphasize that CanPacific remains committed to protecting the health, safety, and well-being of our students, staff, and the community as a whole. We’ve been taking the necessary actions to inform and protect our community while delivering on our mission to provide high quality and innovative language instruction.
Rest assured that our staff members are going to continue working hard on providing our students with the support and the resources that they need, albeit remotely.
Of course, we will keep you updated as to any developments, and more information will be posted as it becomes available. We will get through this together.