There are five keys which help you to become a more effective listener:
- Pay attention, you should look at the speaker directly, put aside distracting thought, listen to speakers body language.
- Show that you are listening, nod your head occasionally, a smile and facial expressions, encourage a speaker to continue with a small comments such as yes, uh huh.
- Provide feedback, reflect on what the speaker said, ask question to clarify certain points, summarize the speaker’s comment.
- Defer judgment, allow the-speaker to finish each point before asking question, don’t interrupt with counter argument.
- Respond appropriately, be honest in your responses, mention your opinions respectfully, treat others in a way you think people should treat you.
Are you an active listener or a passive one?
Special promotion: https://www.canpacificcollege.com/lead.php